Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Suzie!!

A few weeks ago, I posted on how clicking the send button on my query to my truly fabulous agent changed my life. Today is the official one-year anniversary of my signing with the rockstar, Suzie Townsend.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that less than a year later we’d have Personal Demons on the shelves. (and I’m sure neither did she) But she’s the Suzinator: kicking publishing butt and taking names. She’s also an editorial genius. When I went back to check dates (yes, I've saved every email) and looked at some of her notes, I realized that everything she asked me to revise before we went on submission (and I thought I did) were the same things that the editors that gave us revision notes asked for even more of. She's always available (we think she's a vampire cuz she never sleeps) and is cheerleader extraordinaire.

So this is for Suzie. Imagine it's Red Velvet. =)

Thanks for all your hard work, Suzie! You totally rock!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great author/agent relationship and one hellava book! Will check it out. I hope one day I and an agent will click like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Lisa and Suzie!! *throws confetti* YES to everything in this post (Suzie being an editorial genius, Suzie being a vampire).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats. She sounds awesome. You're a lucky duck. Hope my agent's cool like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzie is an editorial genius. Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! This has been such a fabulous year, really the Best. Year. Ever. And I feel so lucky and blessed to be working with you. (Gabe must have been watching out for me :)

    mmm...red velvet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, yay! Suzie = epic specimen of awesome & her edits = product of epic awesome. Congrats on your anniversary! <33

    ReplyDelete